Chapter 4 Quiz
1. How big is the net force acting on an object
with constant velocity?
2. A car is moving at a constant velocity of 20
km/h (5.56 m/s). How much net force is required to
raise its velocity to 50 km/h (13.89 m/s) in 30
seconds? Suppose the car has a mass of 150 kg.
3. If the net force of 7 N was continuously
applied on 400 g object at rest, how long will it
take to raise its velocity to 80 m/s?
4. You pushed a 1 kg box on floor where=
0.3. If the force you applied was 5 N, will the box
5. On Planet X, a 70 kg object can be lifted by a
force of 400 N.
a. What is the acceleration of gravity on
b. How much force is required if the same
object is lifted on Earth?
c. Suppose your car was taken to Planet X. If the
car has a mass of 1500 kg, what would its weight be?
6. A book has a mass of 400 g. When you slided the
book against the floor with 5 N, it accelerated at
the rate of -1.5 m/s2. What would the
coefficient of friction between the book and the
If you are done, press the button: